Manitoba's Insect and Disease Update for 2017 is prepared by John Gavloski and Pratisara Bajracharya and have now been posted (May 24, 2017, May 31, 2017). Read the latest issue which:
- Reports low insect pest issues so far in that province.
- Notes a limited amount of spraying for cutworms.
- Includes detailed flea beetle monitoring tips.
- Reports low numbers through May in Diamondback pheromone traps.
- And finally, Manitoba Agriculture is advising Manitoban cooperators to deploy Bertha armyworm pheromone traps June 5-10, 2017.
Saskatchewan's 2017 Crop Production News - Issue #1 (date) is now posted and includes insect pest information prepared by Scott Hartley and Danielle Stephens. Read the latest update including:
- Information on wireworms, cutworms and other arthropods that will be present in the soil during scouting.
Watch for Alberta Agriculture and Forestry's Call of the Land and access the most recent Insect Update (June 1, 2017) provided by Scott Meers who:
- Emphasized the importance of scouting for flea beetle feeding in canola and application of action threshold of 25% when examining the cotyledons.
- Noted lower reports of cutworms last week.
- And finally, Albertan cooperators are advised to target June 12, 2017 to deploy Bertha armyworm pheromone traps across that province.