The following list and hyperlinks were provided by Shelley Barkley via the Alberta Insect Pest Monitoring Network.
Scott Meers, entomologist with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, was interviewed and spoke about Alberta insect forecasts for 2017. That series of five interviews can be access with the following hyperlinks:
- 2017 Wheat Stem Sawfly and Cabbage Seedpod Weevil Forecasts
- 2017 Pea Leaf Weevil Forecast
- 2017 Wheat Midge Forecast
- 2017 Bertha Armyworm Forecast
Additionally, Alberta Agriculture and Forestry has updated their webpages with the following:
- They have created a graphic that illustrates the "range expansion" of 2 evil weevils in Alberta: pea leaf and cabbage seedpod.
- Similar graphics have been added to their bertha armyworm page. Check out the past "six years of bertha armyworm moth" in Alberta which can be accessed via an hyperlink positioned on their bertha armyworm web page.
- Their grasshopper page has been updated too - check out the "historic grasshopper maps" for Alberta via a hyperlink located on their grasshopper web page.
- The past "eight years of sawfly" in Alberta can be accessed via a hyperlink located on their wheat stem sawfly web page.
- Remember, if you have access to a large format printer, a poster of the 6 Alberta insect forecast maps is available to print.