This is a FREE opportunity for growers to gain unofficial insight into the quality of their grain and to obtain valuable dockage information and details associated with damage or quality issues. The data collected also helps Canada market its grain to the world!
More information on the Harvest Sample Program is available at the Canadian Grain Commission’s website where growers can register online to receive a kit to submit their grain.
In exchange for your samples, the CGC assesses and provides the following unofficial results FOR FREE:
- dockage assessment on canola
- unofficial grade
- protein content on barley, beans, chick peas, lentils, oats, peas and wheat
- oil, protein and chlorophyll content for canola
- oil and protein content and iodine value for flaxseed
- oil and protein for mustard seed and soybeans
Many producers find having both grade and quality information on their samples before delivering their grain to be helpful.